Monday

Born Without Arms
The following comment was posted on my other site devoted to Nellis, Honeywell, and Rogers. It reads, "jhanes has left a new comment on your post "Silkwork by Martha Honeywell": Hi there. Just discovered your website---have you been here long? Anyway, I am now the owner of the silkwork that you show on your website that was done by M Honeywell. I wrote about it in my newsletter, and here is a link to it: (LINK REMOVED by editor)Also, one of the silhouttes that was sold on ebay by Honeywell (the one that sold for $200) was mine as well. I think it is pictured in the article in the newsletter. It is interesting, because the "witness" of Honeywell's execution of this work was George Keim, who was an industrial supplier from Reading, PA, and moved to Philadelphia the same year that the needlework was done on the corner of Race & Arch St. In Philadelphia, he worked with Dupont, and no doubt became a very wealthy man!"

No comments: